Student CBS is an arm of Community Bible Study
. We specifically serve students in the community from kindergarten through college. Students and Leaders from a variety of backgrounds come together to share life and discuss the Bible, respecting each others different opinions and experiences. Our goal is for everyone to feel comfortable exchanging ideas and questions as they learn from one another and grow in relationship with Jesus Christ. At the same time, we aim to encourage and challenge students to apply the Word of God to their lives as they see where they fit into the bigger picture of God's creation.
CBS is built on a foundation of prayer but our focus is on the Word of God, the ultimate Truth.
Making disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ in our communities through caring, in-depth Bible Study, available to all
Transformed Lives Through the Word of God
- Because of His love for us, God sent His Son Jesus Christ~ fully God, yet fully man, and completely sinless~ to pay the debt incurred by our sin, by dying on the cross so that we might have eternal life by grace through faith.
- God has given us the Bible, the ultimate truth and authority, so that we might know Him and have an abundant and fruitful life by following Him.
- God has given believers the Holy Spirit to help them understand and obey His will.
- He has given us free will and what we believe determines what we do with our free will.
- By studying the Bible, our belief conforms to God’s Truth which results in changed attitudes, thoughts, choices, values, actions, perspective, purpose and calling...
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God- this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:1-2
We have found that the best way to fulfill the mission and vision of CBS is by combining Bible Study with shepherding, or forming relationships. “Discipling is what we do and shepherding is how we do it.” Our goal is to give students an opportunity to study God's Word on their own using written materials and then to share these insights with other people in their Core Group. By the end of each class, the Students will have learned the Scripture 4 ways:
- Independent Study
- A Short Teaching (The Talk)
- Core Group Discussion
- CBS Commentary
The Holy Spirit helps us understand and apply what we learn in the Bible. A typical class runs for 2 hours for students and 3 hours for Leaders. All Student classes include the following elements:
- Leaders Council- 1 hour (Ongoing Training, Preparation for Class)
- Snack/Dinner- 30 minutes (Fellowship and Food)
- Large Group- 45 minutes (Worship, the Talk)
- Core Groups- 45 minutes (Small Group Discussion)